Filed: Wednesday, 14th November 2012
By: Staff Writer
A tabloid has claimed that West Ham's Momo Diame can talk to other clubs in January due to a clause in his current contract.
The Senegalese international joined United on a free transfer from Wigan Athletic in the summer and promptly signed a three-year contract that appeared to tie him down until 2015.
But tomorrow's Daily Mail claims that Diame insisted on including a clause in his contract allowing him to speak with any club offering in excess of £7million for his services.
And, according to the story, that has alerted the likes of Newcastle and Everton who are just two of the clubs said to have been inpressed by the 25-year-old's start to the 2012/13 season.
Diame, who had been interesting the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United prior to agreeing to join West Ham in June first moved to England from Spanish club Reyo to the Latics in August 2009 in a cash-plus-player swap ( €3.8 million plus defender Antonio Amaya).
Upon moving to east London, he said: "I'm very happy and very excited to have joined the club and I'm looking forward to the start of the season. I know the fans here get behind the team all the time and I'm looking forward to showing everybody what I can do on the pitch."
Diame bid wide of the mark [31st Jan 2013]
Gold: no Diame bid forthcoming [31st Jan 2013]
Deadline day latest [31st Jan 2013]
Diame given ultimatum by West Ham [23rd Jan 2013]
Diame 'back in three weeks' [10th Dec 2012]
West Ham Utd 2 Liverpool 3 [9th Dec 2012]
Diame facing extensive lay-off [9th Dec 2012]
Diame contract has 'trigger' clause [14th Nov 2012]
Diame staying put [16th Oct 2012]
by Ben Shorer
07:18PM 14th Nov 2012
''Why do all our contracts have these ridiculous clauses in them? Did we not learn our lesson with Demba Ba?!''
comments powered by Disqus