Text  Larger | Smaller | Default


Diame denies departure rumours

Filed: Thursday, 24th January 2013
By: Staff Writer

Mo Diame had denied reports that he wants to leave West Ham United.

The Daily Mail claimed earlier this week that the 25-year-old midfielder wanted to activate the 3.5million minimum fee release clause in his current contract in order to leave east London.

However Diame, speaking via the club's website, refuted the newspaper's claims by insisting that he has no intention of leaving West Ham during the current transfer window.

"I know there are people out there saying things about me but I have spoken with the manager and told him that I want to stay here," he said. "I know the club want to keep me too so I will continue to give my best for them.

"I knew when I signed that West Ham were going to make their mark on the Premier League. Since I came here I am enjoying every game I play on the pitch. I think I made a good choice because I'm very happy at this club."

Diame - who was a second half substitute in last night's 5-1 thrashing at Arsenal, one of the clubs said to be interested in acquiring his services - is currently considering a new contract offer from West Ham that would take his weekly wage from 40k to 50k.

And Sam Allardyce, who is determined to keep possibly his best signing of pre-season, believes that agent interference is the root cause of this week's 'disruptive' stories.

"I don't think there's anything in the story," he said. "Mo has not been to me and said he is unhappy in any way. We've had no bids from any clubs, he's our player and hopefully come February 1st he will still be our player."

Related News

   arrow   And that's a wrap [1st Feb 2013]
   arrow   Diame bid wide of the mark [31st Jan 2013]
   arrow   Gold: no Diame bid forthcoming [31st Jan 2013]
   arrow   Deadline day latest [31st Jan 2013]
   arrow   Diame given ultimatum by West Ham [23rd Jan 2013]
   arrow   Diame 'back in three weeks' [10th Dec 2012]
   arrow   West Ham Utd 2 Liverpool 3 [9th Dec 2012]
   arrow   Diame facing extensive lay-off [9th Dec 2012]
   arrow   Diame contract has 'trigger' clause [14th Nov 2012]
   arrow   Diame staying put [16th Oct 2012]

Your Comments

Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

by Graham Miller
12:28PM 27th Jan 2013
''If he goes, WHUFC might do just as well to sign Joey Barton. He has done well before with Big Sam and he would link up with Nolan and Carroll again. They all worked well together for Newcastle.''

by niran ade-onojobi
03:23PM 24th Jan 2013
''Momo is one of our top quality players worthy of a long term deal. He is an asset to us and I am delighted he is staying. We should always do everything possible to keep our highly-talented players.''

comments powered by Disqus
News Image

On This Day ...

One Year Ago
Faubert on target again as Martinique qualify for Finals
Julien Faubert continued his prolific run of goalscoring for his new countr...more
Three Years Ago
Sam: Saturday's a six-pointer
Hammers boss Sam Allardyce has stoked up the pressure ahead of Saturday's Boleyn Ground clash with s...more
Five Years Ago
Grant on der Hammer blow
Avram Grant has confirmed that midfielder Tomas Hitzlsperger will be out of action until well into t...more