Text  Larger | Smaller | Default

NewsNow

Bilic expects quarter final spot


Filed: Friday, 19th February 2016
By: Staff Writer


Slaven Bilic has admitted that he would be extremely disappointed if his West Ham team fails to overcome Championship side Blackburn Rovers in the fifth round of the FA Cup.

Bilic, speaking to the press this morning ahead of Sunday's last 16 clash at Ewood Park revealed that expects his side to triumph in the tie - although he insisted that they will be taking nothing for granted.

"Blackburn are a good team, they are physical and it's a big club," said Bilic. "When I played - and I'm not that old! - they were a force in the Premiership and we all remember the SAS thing when they were champions. It'll be a very difficult game for us.

"They are a team who are not having a great season in the table, but they are very solid and have only conceded 28 goals. They haven't scored a lot but they've scored 61 per cent of their goals from set pieces - and that's more than enough for us to know that it's going to be a big challenge.

"Make no mistake it's going to be a very difficult game for us - but we are a Premier League side, we're having a very good season so far and I would be very disappointed if we didn't go through.

"No matter who you play, you are playing for a place in the quarter finals - and that's where we want to be. Our win against Liverpool [in the last round] will only prove valuable if we progress in the Cup and that's what we want to do."



Bilic: hear more from the manager's press conference above


Bilic also revealed that given his injury concerns in certain areas, such as at full back and in attack, some players have been given additional rest periods ahead of Sunday's clash.

"Because of our tight schedule we rested a few players this week," he added. " We'll be training today (Friday) and have a small session tomorrow (Saturday) then we're off to Blackpool.

"It's going to be a big test for us. But I think we're really well prepared for the game and we'll take nothing for granted."





Related News

   arrow   Slav in positive mood on summer recruitment [25th May 2017]
   arrow   Zabaleta, Bilic, Feghouli & Cullen: Thursday's news [25th May 2017]
   arrow   First team or bust, says Cullen [24th May 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Wednesday's news round-up [24th May 2017]
   arrow   West Ham seeking quality trio [23rd May 2017]
   arrow   Lanzini, Zabaleta, Bilic & Snodgrass: Tuesday's news [23rd May 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Monday's news round-up [22nd May 2017]
   arrow   Bilic blames 'perfect storm' for season of woe [19th May 2017]
   arrow   Carroll, Antonio, Collins & Oxford: Friday's news [19th May 2017]
   arrow   Lanzini, Bilic, Randolph & Zabaleta: Tuesday's news [16th May 2017]



Your Comments


Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

comments powered by Disqus
 
News Image




On This Day ...

One Year Ago
Sullivan hoping for half-a-dozen new arrivals
West Ham United co-owner David Sullivan believes West Ham will sign up to s...more
Three Years Ago
Mauro Zarate signs three-year deal with West Ham
West Ham United have completed the signing of Argentinian forward Mauro Zarate....more
Five Years Ago
Season ticket row: common sense prevails
West Ham United have written to long-term season ticket holders to confirm that they ARE entitled to...more