Filed: Thursday, 3rd November 2016
By: Staff Writer
A West Ham supporter who had his season ticket revoked after he was accused of persistent standing has received an apology from stadium operators LS185.
Ben Scott was one of three members of the same family to have their season tickets revoked after a steward registered a complaint against them following the home defeat against Watford back in September.
However the stadium operators were forced to return Ben's ticket after the family requested a viewing of the CCTV footage - which subsequently confirmed that Mr Scott was visiting one of the concourse bars when the incident took place.
Speaking to KUMB, Ben's father Glenn - who was first approached by stewards at the ground and ordered to sit down - revealed that he was delighted that his son had been allowed to return to the stadium.
However both he and Ben's brother Connor, remain excluded from the stadium whilst the investigation - which is currently in the hands of the CPS - continues.
The incident took place during the home defeat aginst Watford back in September
"We have never caused trouble and we feel we are being victimised," said Glenn. "The stewards were bullies. My oldest boy, Ben, wasn't even in the stand at the time as he was in the bar - so we still don't understand why he got banned.
"When I was told to sit [by the steward] I explained that I had just had a heart op and needed to stand now and again. The steward said it's not his problem.
"My other son Connor told the steward to stop pushing and pulling me as it was hurting. But once again they said it was not their problem. My friends even told other stewards what was happening but no one give a damn.
"I later discovered that a steward had accused me of racism, which is far from the truth. The police officer we spoke to told my solicitor that if it was up to him, he would throw it out."
Ben discovered that his season ticket was being returned earlier this week when he received an email from Graham Harris, LS185's Deputy Safety Officer.
"I have asked West Ham to reactivate your season ticket so yes you can now attend," it read. "I can only apologise to you for the mishap - I believe you have two members of your family involved and I think that your name was dragged into it."
Mr Scott pointed out that he had been told it could take up to three months for the CPS to respond. Meanwhile son Ben has attempted to contact West Ham in order to request a refund for the games he has been forced to miss.
* Have you experienced similar problems with stewards at the Olympic Stadium? Let us know your story by contacting us here.
Randy or Adrian? Wait and see, says Bilic [21st Apr 2017]
Sakho to miss Sunderland test [14th Apr 2017]
Liverpool date changed [12th Apr 2017]
Post-match press conference: Slaven Bilic vs Swansea City [8th Apr 2017]
Post-match press conference: Paul Clement vs West Ham Utd [8th Apr 2017]
Reinstate Adrian, say fans [7th Apr 2017]
My rights versus yours [5th Apr 2017]
OS set for naming rights deal [4th Apr 2017]
Pre-match press conference: Arsene Wenger [video] [4th Apr 2017]
Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.
Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.