Text  Larger | Smaller | Default

NewsNow

Sakho out for (another) three months


Filed: Thursday, 22nd December 2016
By: Staff Writer


Diafra Sakho has been ruled out of action for up to ten weeks, according to Slaven Bilic.

The Senegal striker, who made his first appearance of the season in the 3-2 defeat at White Hart Lane last month was injured in his second game back against Manchester United.

And despite being ruled out until the end of 2016 with what was described as a thigh injury, the club now report that the 27-year-old has developed "a back problem" that will beep him out of action until early Spring.

"It's a big blow for us. It will rule him out, six-eight weeks, maybe 10 weeks, we are talking about even March for him to be back," said Bilic during a press conference this morning.

"He was out at the beginning of the season for a long time and when he came back he played a couple of games. We saw how much impact he can have on our game. Itís a big blow for us. Heís out - thatís the situation."




Bilic also revealed that he and the club are planning to fill the void during the transfer window., with Simone Zaza and Jonathan Calleri also unlikely to feature for West Ham in the second half of the season and Ashley Fletcher linked with a move to Leeds.

ďIím not crazy about the January transfer window but you plan your team in the summer and then a lot of things happen, like the injury to Sakho," he added.

"But it's good to fill a gap with loans until the end of the season or, even better, to find someone permanent. If something really good becomes available then weíre going to try to do it."

However there was slightly better news with regards to the Boxing Day trip to Swansea. "We have a few knocks but we're expecting everyone to be fit apart from Diafra, who needs a back operation", confirmed Bilic.

"The guys who played in the last game, I expect them all to be fit."





Related News

   arrow   New arrivals imminent, promises Sullivan [12th Dec 2017]
   arrow   Everton 4-0 West Ham Utd [29th Nov 2017]
   arrow   International Hammers [15th Nov 2017]
   arrow   International round-up [13th Nov 2017]
   arrow   Sakho, Carroll, Cresswell & Billic: Tuesday's news [25th Oct 2017]
   arrow   Sakho: I still want out [video] [24th Oct 2017]
   arrow   Carroll returns for Spurs clash - but Antonio out [24th Oct 2017]
   arrow   Pre-match press conference: Slaven Bilic v Brighton [19th Oct 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Wednesday's news round-up [11th Oct 2017]
   arrow   Cresswell, Cullen, Rice & Carroll : Tuesday's news [10th Oct 2017]



Your Comments


Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

comments powered by Disqus
 
News Image




On This Day ...

One Year Ago
'So when we said 272m...'
LLDC Chief Executive David Goldstone says that the £272million cost to repl...more
Three Years Ago
The opposition view... Sunderland
Poor old Jozy Altidore came in for some stick from his own fans after missing an open goal against t...more
Five Years Ago
Benayoun back at Chelsea
Yossi Benayoun has been ruled out of West Ham United's trip to the Hawthorns this weekend....more