Text  Larger | Smaller | Default

NewsNow

Bilic denies Carroll links with China


Filed: Thursday, 2nd March 2017
By: Staff Writer


Slaven Bilic says he is determined to keep Andy Carroll - 24 hours after it was claimed that West Ham tried to offload him to China.

Bilic, speaking to the media this morning ahead of next Monday's Premier League clash with Chelsea denied reports that the club had been seeking to offload the injury-prone forward.

And he rejected a Times report that claimed he club had given Sam Allardyce's controversial agent friend, Mark Curtis, exclusive permission to broker a deal for the 28-year-old in China.

"Andy knows how much we and I rate him," said Bilic. "He is one of our best players and we want to keep him. As far as I know, the Chinese clubs sent representatives to watch our game. Apparently they were watching other players but fell in love with Andy.




"Itís certainly not the club that has asked an agent to try and sell him. Thatís not the case. I suppose Andy would have been flattered as itís nice that people have a good opinion of you, but me and him didnít talk about it at all.

"We havenít been bombed with offers from China, so it hasnít affected me or Andy.

"It wasnít like we had three or four offers for our players from China. I heard the rumours and saw it in the papers but it didnít affect any relationships with the players or with Andy, so thatís it basically. There is nothing to talk about there."

In the letter, which the Times claimed to have seen, club secretary Andrew Pincher is said to have written to Curtis giving him permission to sell Carroll on United's behalf.

ďFollowing your meeting with David Sullivan, I write to confirm you have the exclusive authority of the board of directors to represent West Ham in discussions with football clubs in China," it read, "in order to explore interest and options for the potential sale and permanent transfer of the registration of Andy Carroll during their first and current transfer window.

"This exclusive authority shall expire on March 1, 2017."





Related News

   arrow   Kouyate to miss start of season [19th Jul 2017]
   arrow   50 games to turn it around [19th Jul 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Wednesday's news round-up [19th Jul 2017]
   arrow   Freak injury rules out Kouyate  [18th Jul 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Tuesday's news round-up [18th Jul 2017]
   arrow   Sturm Graz 0-0 West Ham Utd [18th Jul 2017]
   arrow   Feghouli going nowhere - yet - as Gala talks stall [16th Jul 2017]
   arrow   Academy star completes Rotterdam move [16th Jul 2017]
   arrow   Bilic seeking quality - not quantity [14th Jul 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Friday's news round-up [14th Jul 2017]



Your Comments


Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

comments powered by Disqus
 
News Image




On This Day ...

One Year Ago
Hammers have their say on Allardyce appointment
West Ham players past and present have been giving their verdicts on the ne...more
Three Years Ago
New deal for Hendo
Stephen Henderson has signed for Charlton Athletic after being released by West Ham....more
Five Years Ago
Olsson keen on London move
West Bromwich Albion's Player of the year Jonas Olsson has admitted that he would like the opportuni...more