Text  Larger | Smaller | Default

NewsNow

Moyes 'dumbfounded' by Sakho rumours


Filed: Friday, 22nd December 2017
By: Staff Writer


David Moyes has denied reports of a public spat between him and Diafra Sakho, insisting that the Senegal international was benched against Arsenal "purely for football reasons".

It was reported after the match had finished (1-0 in Arsenal's favour) that Sakho had threatened to walk out of The Emirates after learning that was starting on the bench against the Gunners.

Embed from Getty Images


However Moyes has denied reports of a bust-up with Sakho - who had previously fallen out with Moyes' predecessor Slaven Bilic - whilst insisting that there had been no row, despite several reports to the contrary.

"I was dumbfounded when I heard there had been reports of a row between Diafra Sakho and myself before the Arsenal match," Moyes wrote in his weekly column for the Standard.

"I can say categorically there have never been any cross words with Diafra since Iíve been at the club and I have been pleased with his performances when he has come off the bench in games.

"He has never been in to see me about anything since Iíve been at the club so I was amazed when I was told about the allegations. I donít know where these allegations originated but certainly I wasnít aware of any of it until it was brought to my attention."

Embed from Getty Images


And the manager also refrained from commenting on suggestions that the wantaway Sakho's contract contains a £50,000 bonus should he be included in the starting XI and half that should he come on as a substitute.

"I understand that details about bonus payments have also been in the public domain," he added. "Iím certainly not going to comment on that - financial details of a player's contract are between him and the club.

"The boys up front have done well up to now and Diafra has played his part in that. We like his mobility and he weighed in with an important goal at Stoke last Saturday.

"The decision to start with Chicharito and Andre Ayew, rather than Diafra, on Tuesday, was based purely on football considerations and nothing else."





Related News

   arrow   West Ham's World Cup over [2nd Jul 2018]
   arrow   Arnautovic crowned KUMB Player of the Year [14th Jun 2018]
   arrow   World Cup Hammers: the full list [4th Jun 2018]
   arrow   Arsenal 4-1 West Ham Utd [22nd Apr 2018]
   arrow   Arnie set for Lux test [15th Mar 2018]
   arrow   Henry fired [2nd Feb 2018]
   arrow   Fresh Brady row adds to West Ham's woes [1st Feb 2018]
   arrow   In brief - Thursday's news round-up [1st Feb 2018]
   arrow   Hammers land determined Hugill [31st Jan 2018]
   arrow   Henry facing accusations of discrimination [31st Jan 2018]



Your Comments


Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

comments powered by Disqus
 
News Image




On This Day ...

One Year Ago
Randolph departs for bumper fee
West Ham United's third-choice goalkeeper Darren Randolph has joined Champi...more
Three Years Ago
'I turned West Ham down', says Nene
Former on-loan striker Nene has claimed that he rejected an offer from West Ham to extend his stay a...more
Five Years Ago
Hamburg SV 1 West Ham United 3
The Irons have returned to winning ways with a 3-1 defeat of Bundesliga outfit Hamburg SV. ...more