Text  Larger | Smaller | Default

NewsNow

Indefinite ban overturned


Filed: Saturday, 14th April 2018
By: Staff Writer


A longstanding KUMB member has had a stadium ban overturned after it was proven that he was the victim of a case of mistaken identity.

Robert Runciman was both surprised and deeply disappointed to receive a letter from West Ham United informing his that he had been witnessed on CCTV breaking ground regulations pertaining to "the throwing of any object within the London Stadium without lawful authority or excuse."

Additionally, he was informed that "you are banned from entering the stadium and from attending any West Ham Untied Fixture's [sic] or any West Ham event with immediate effect" - and told that the ban was indefinite.

However the club have since rescinded the ban after Runciman wrote to express his outrage at the decision - whilst admitting that the individual filmed throwing an object was somebody completely different.

Embed from Getty Images


"Last Monday evening the club got in touch with me to inform that they had now watched my every move on CCTV from the Burnley home game and wished to offer me an apology as it was clear this had been a case of mistaken identity," Robert told KUMB.

"How they managed to come to their original decision didn't make sense, it absolutely baffles me and I find it very worrying that they are doing this to lots of other innocent fans. This is why I wanted it to be made public.

"My thanks go to the Football Supporters' Federation and the West Ham United Independent Supporters Association who were supportive, very calm and thoroughly professional. It is these people who have restored my faith in West Ham when I was about to walk away for good."





Related News

   arrow   In brief - Wednesday's news round-up [25th Jul 2018]
   arrow   Out, out, out! ISA members resign following new appointment [24th Jul 2018]
   arrow   Fans take to the streets for anti-Board demos [31st Mar 2018]
   arrow   In brief - Wednesday's news round-up [14th Mar 2018]
   arrow   TWO protests planned for next home match [13th Mar 2018]
   arrow   MP calls for investigation [12th Mar 2018]
   arrow   Anti-Board march proceeds with police escort [10th Mar 2018]
   arrow   In brief - Wednesday's news round-up [7th Mar 2018]
   arrow   ISA rally postponed on Newham advice [6th Mar 2018]
   arrow   Supporters bemused as club announce constructive talks result in end to protest [2nd Mar 2018]



Your Comments


Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

comments powered by Disqus
 
News Image




On This Day ...

One Year Ago
Help Isla
A West Ham-supporting family are seeking help from fellow fans as they see...more
Three Years Ago
Bilic, Payet, Silva & Cottee: Friday's news
Get the very latest West Ham news in one place, with our new daily media round-up!...more
Five Years Ago
Beer we go
West Ham have announced a three-year partnership with a Danish brewing company....more