Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:37 pm

warp wrote:everything that licks its own b*llocks and then tries to lick my face can **** off and die.

Don't you talk about your mother like that ...
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby ageing hammer on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:55 pm

[/quote]
Patito wrote:
warp wrote:
everything that licks its own b*llocks and then tries to lick my face can **** off and die.

You are the exact opposite to your mum :D
ageing hammer

Postby ageing hammer on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Gutted if I wasn't on this poxy android I would have got in first :D
ageing hammer

Postby Samba on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:13 am

ageing hammer wrote:Gutted if I wasn't on this poxy android I would have got in first :D

Get off her, you robot bothering so & so..
Samba

Postby Kludgehammer on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:07 pm

A few to list, from yesterday's cycle home from work:

Bellends in cars:

Came to a crossroads, red light my way. To the right, there's a couple of cars waiting to turn right, but can't because of the stream of traffic. Lights change to green my way, so must be red theirs. The two cars turn right to clear the junction (fair enough) and then 3 more cars charge across the junction, all of which were behind the stop line/red light, barely missing me and the first car from my side.

Bellends on foot:

Waiting at (more) traffic lights, red my way. A huddle of pedestrians waits at the kerb. Lights remain red for ages, no traffic on any of the other roads of the crossing; pedestrians don't move. The instant the light turns green, some fucktard will lurch out in front of the traffic, choosing the only moment when it is dangerous to cross, as the perfect time to cross.

And, to complete the set, Bellends on bikes:

1. Riding along, with no hands on the bars, big headphones on blaring music so loud that I can hear it several feet behind him. Gets to a junction, red light our way, goes straight across with a bare glance in either direction. He couldn't have heard if anything was coming, he couldn't have got to the bars to swerve or brake if anything was coming, just pure evolution in action. As it happens, he gets lucky, and continues up the road, waving his hands in time to the music.

2. I'm riding along next to the kerb inside a queue of traffic, approaching a pelican crossing. Light turns red, well before I get there. There's a small family group (grannie/mum/kid) waiting to cross. I'm pulling up to stop when another cyclist comes flying along the outside of the cars, makes no attempt to stop and zooms onto the crossing, just as the family get to the middle. He hasn't seen them, because they're obscured by the first car. He jams the brakes, nearly standing the bike up on the front wheel, swerves around behind them just barely missing them and carries on up the road without a backward glance, leaving family group shell-shocked in the middle of the road.
Kludgehammer

Postby Samba on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Kludgehammer wrote:A few to list, from yesterday's cycle home from work:
Bellends in cars:
Bellends on foot:
And, to complete the set, Bellends on bikes:

This is also my experience, most of the time.
Pedestrians waiting until it's green for you to go before they step out, being a particular favourite of mine.
Samba

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Other road users can be summed up thus

Different form of chosen transport:- bellend ;)

Drives 2mph faster:- homicidal maniac

Drives 2mph slower:- doddering imbecile
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Samba on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Other road users can be summed up thus

Different form of chosen transport:- bellend ;)

Drives 2mph faster:- homicidal maniac

Drives 2mph slower:- doddering imbecile

You forgot another category, all to their own: Uber/Prius drivers...
Samba

Postby Burnley Hammer on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:19 pm

Kludgehammer wrote:Waiting at (more) traffic lights, red my way. A huddle of pedestrians waits at the kerb. Lights remain red for ages, no traffic on any of the other roads of the crossing; pedestrians don't move. The instant the light turns green, some fucktard will lurch out in front of the traffic, choosing the only moment when it is dangerous to cross, as the perfect time to cross.

It's usually the opposite that I see. No cars coming for a mile in both directions but people lacking the ability to be adventurous and cross until the little green man appears. I just cross and I can tell by their eyes that they want to do the same but the little red man has some kind of power over them. Little beads of perspiration break out on their forehead as they try so hard to break the spell and make a move forward. They can't do it though. Eventually the green man appears and I hear a collective sigh of relief from somewhere behind as the containment spell is broken and tension is released.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby FreeWheeling on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:23 pm

foreign types in their foreign cars that are still driving in kmh rather than mph
FreeWheeling

Postby Kludgehammer on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:42 am

Burnley Hammer wrote:It's usually the opposite that I see. No cars coming for a mile in both directions but people lacking the ability to be adventurous and cross until the little green man appears. I just cross and I can tell by their eyes that they want to do the same but the little red man has some kind of power over them. Little beads of perspiration break out on their forehead as they try so hard to break the spell and make a move forward. They can't do it though. Eventually the green man appears and I hear a collective sigh of relief from somewhere behind as the containment spell is broken and tension is released.

"God-damn Mildred, that guy is jaywalking! Police! Help! POLICE!"
Kludgehammer

Postby Kludgehammer on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:45 am

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Different form of chosen transport:- bellend

In fairness, I was on my bike and I thought those 2 cyclists were both bellends. Riding like dickheads makes it harder for the majority of us who are (mostly) sensible - pisses other road-users off and causes accidents
Kludgehammer

Postby r99c on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Setting off to work this morning, turning my key and just getting a constant recurring clicking sound :shock: Battery?
r99c

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:23 pm

r99c wrote:Setting off to work this morning, turning my key and just getting a constant recurring clicking sound. Battery?

If he doesn't reply, it was a bomb and r99c is no longer with us. :(
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:07 pm

r99c wrote:Setting off to work this morning, turning my key and just getting a constant recurring clicking sound :shock: Battery?

If it's a single click then it's usually the starter/solonoid - if it's a rapid clicking then that'll be the battery. It is on motorbikes and I've had both go on mine.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby OFT on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Spending the last day of your holiday chasing around Piraeus because some twot has 'dipped' your wifes bag and ****ed of with her purse and it's contents. Then getting to the police station and finding others worse off who's passports had been lifted.
OFT

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:24 pm

http://kumb.com/story.php?id=133681

Have people got nothing better to do!
claretandblue82

Postby r99c on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:If it's a single click then it's usually the starter/solonoid - if it's a rapid clicking then that'll be the battery. It is on motorbikes and I've had both go on mine.

Cheers, figured it ought to be the battery because surely if the starter motor was knackered there wouldn't be continuous clicking. Back on topic I suppose.....

politicians using non-political things to make a point. Case in point, Corbyn congratulating the England cricketers yesterday on twitter but then finishing off by having a moan about it not being shown on free-to-air tv
r99c

Postby dave_l on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Lorries on the A14 just swinging out and spending about 5 mins overtaking each other, particularly in the zone where it is banned. I get when you’re driving for days that the 0.1mph makes a difference but I saw about 5 near misses today alone between Cambridge and the M6.
dave_l

Postby fmgod on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:09 pm

The North America region and doing fixtures the wrong way round

West Ham vs Chelsea is West Ham at Chelsea so away not home

I bet loads of tourists over there book tickets to away games thinking it's a home game
fmgod

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug