Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:22 pm

^^^ They get date the wrong way round too. 6/8/19 is the 8th of June over there, August the 6th in the civilised world.
User avatar
Johnny Byrne's Boots
 
Posts: 19776
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: Ah move over Rover, let Jimi take over

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby jastons on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:^^^ They get date the wrong way round too. 6/8/19 is the 8th of June over there, August the 6th in the civilised world.


One of our suppliers at work do this and they are based in England somewhere.
User avatar
jastons
 
Posts: 5156
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 7:23 am
Location: Here

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Samba on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:56 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:^^^ They get date the wrong way round too. 6/8/19 is the 8th of June over there, August the 6th in the civilised world.

That's never made sense to me. Maybe it does to them?
User avatar
Samba
 
Posts: 6624
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Where non-matching ears don't matter..

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Arnold Layne on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:12 pm

Avocados that have the consistency of rubber when opened but feel like they are ripe beforehand.
User avatar
Arnold Layne
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:44 pm

SCCM. What a pile of over-complicated b*llocks.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby FreeWheeling on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:49 pm

I feel you pain Dan, a daily dose of fuckwittery with that utter b*stard
FreeWheeling
 
Posts: 3428
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:55 pm
Location: Novichok City

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby -DL- on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:07 pm

Sitting in my computer chair at the PC doing photo editing, nice and relaxed. As you do, when in the comfort of your own home, I'm giving it a bit of the old man leg spread, jeans rather snug on my nuts. Along comes the kitten, stretches himself up and starts sharpening his claws on my b*llocks.

****ing little ginger ****.
User avatar
-DL-
Match thread guru
 
Posts: 19602
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 am
Location: Biting my tongue so hard it's starting to bleed.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Burnley Hammer on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:34 pm

DasNutNock wrote:SCCM. What a pile of over-complicated b*llocks.


Same goes for the rest of System Centre. I work with the backend databases every day.

Actually, same goes for most modern Microsoft developed systems. The cynical side of me thinks they do it on purpose
User avatar
Burnley Hammer
 
Posts: 6367
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Samba on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:40 pm

-DL- wrote:Sitting in my computer chair at the PC doing photo editing, nice and relaxed. As you do, when in the comfort of your own home, I'm giving it a bit of the old man leg spread, jeans rather snug on my nuts. Along comes the kitten, stretches himself up and starts sharpening his claws on my b*llocks.

****ing little ginger ****.

How long did it take to notice?
User avatar
Samba
 
Posts: 6624
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Where non-matching ears don't matter..

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby -DL- on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:46 pm

Samba wrote:How long did it take to notice?


Probably longer than I would have liked.

The ginger ****.
User avatar
-DL-
Match thread guru
 
Posts: 19602
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 am
Location: Biting my tongue so hard it's starting to bleed.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby bigcarpchaser on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Don’t lie DL, it’s always good to have some pussy round your balls :)
bigcarpchaser
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:02 pm
Location: Reading - Unfortunately!!

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby DM on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:58 pm

At least it didn't **** on your leg like one of ours did.
DM
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:43 pm
Location: Itchycoo Park

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby jastons on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Is anyone else reminded of the opening scenes from the Ali G movie? :shock:
User avatar
jastons
 
Posts: 5156
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 7:23 am
Location: Here

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Rocketron on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:26 pm

DasNutNock wrote:SCCM. What a pile of over-complicated b*llocks.

Burnley Hammer wrote:Same goes for the rest of System Centre. I work with the backend databases every day.

Actually, same goes for most modern Microsoft developed systems. The cynical side of me thinks they do it on purpose

Should I be pleased or concerned that i don't know WTF you're talking about?
User avatar
Rocketron
 
Posts: 11823
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:45 pm
Location: Chillin' with the Chilean

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby jastons on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:29 pm

Rocketron wrote:Should I be pleased or concerned that i don't know WTF you're talking about?


Should that be said as WTF or what-the-f*ck?
User avatar
jastons
 
Posts: 5156
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 7:23 am
Location: Here

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:31 pm

MS bought most of system center, bundled it together and have barely touched it since. SCOM is a laughably sh*t monitoring platform - massively over-complicated, and the insistence that they know best just shows how impractical a product it is.

As for SCCM, we only use it for patching servers, not app releases, so God only knows what that must feel like. But for something that should ultimately be fairly simple (copy files to endpoint and run a script) it is offensively over-engineered, and isn't designed to work in secure networks.

Load of SH*TE.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:32 pm

I probably should've asked VM anyway - he knows SCCM better than I do.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Rocketron on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:51 pm

]
Rocketron wrote:Should I be pleased or concerned that i don't know WTF you're talking about?

[quote="jastons"
Should that be said as WTF or what-the-f*ck?[/quote]
Bravo sir. :thup:
User avatar
Rocketron
 
Posts: 11823
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:45 pm
Location: Chillin' with the Chilean

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby FreeWheeling on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:37 pm

DasNutNock wrote:MS bought most of system center, bundled it together and have barely touched it since. SCOM is a laughably sh*t monitoring platform - massively over-complicated, and the insistence that they know best just shows how impractical a product it is.

As for SCCM, we only use it for patching servers, not app releases, so God only knows what that must feel like. But for something that should ultimately be fairly simple (copy files to endpoint and run a script) it is offensively over-engineered, and isn't designed to work in secure networks.

Load of SH*TE.


We use it for PXE images, software deployment and MS updates and patches , I only thank **** that I only deal with the day to day monitoring of this **** and not the config, as we are on an RLI , we can not connect directly to MS and have to go through a secure MoD connection making it a whole Satans hairy b*llocks level of shithousey worse
My primary task on top of this is McAfee EPO , people wonder why I am starting to give less than a **** at work
FreeWheeling
 
Posts: 3428
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:55 pm
Location: Novichok City

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby V-M on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:48 pm

DasNutNock wrote:I probably should've asked VM anyway - he knows SCCM better than I do.


Still use it a lot although I can see it eventually being retired in favour of Intune. Shame as I've worked with it for years and has always been my favourite 'specialist subject'.

Use SCOM as well but that is a different beast and can be way too complicated if its not set up properly.
User avatar
V-M
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BabyClaret, chigwells finest, NottingHammer6, terry maloney and 7 guests