A Message From The DL Clan

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:21 pm

Nice one fella, all the best hoping for a speedy recovery.
User avatar
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
 
Posts: 5901
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby Morocco Mole on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:30 am

Well done mate. :thup:
User avatar
Morocco Mole
 
Posts: 15287
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:31 pm
Location: Lazy Gator with Uncle C and The Dentist....

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby Patito on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:03 am

Nice one, DL. :kumb:
User avatar
Patito
 
Posts: 8831
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:51 pm
Location: Irons

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby Marky on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:01 am

:thup:
Brilliant news
User avatar
Marky
 
Posts: 11932
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:27 pm
Location: Sullivan has killed this club

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby sendô on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:49 am

Monkeybubbles wrote:He's an ****hole.

Nah, he's a ****er.

Glad you're feeling better though, Dyers.

:crest:
User avatar
sendô
 
Posts: 29078
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: in the pessimistically optimistic camp.

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby fjthegrey on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:18 am

I liked the bit where you survived cancer.

That was my favourite.
User avatar
fjthegrey
 
Posts: 18881
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Once More Unto The Cheese

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby ageing hammer on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:10 pm

Delighted for you DL never doubted for a second you would beat it, you are an inspiration mate. :scarfer:
User avatar
ageing hammer
 
Posts: 18976
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:04 am
Location: Cockney Hammer's stunt double

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:28 pm

brilliant stuff
User avatar
psychoscoredthelot
 
Posts: 7883
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby woodford on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:18 pm

Well done mate

All the best for you and your family
User avatar
woodford
 
Posts: 4888
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:35 am
Location: proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby bristolhammerfc on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Top post mate and great news.

Appreciate you as always

:thup:
User avatar
bristolhammerfc
 
Posts: 8651
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: In the city of Brunel, balloons and banksy

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby Clacton-ammer on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:06 pm

:thup: :thup:
User avatar
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
 
Posts: 11208
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:28 am

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby Eggchaser on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:43 pm

Great news DL :thup:
User avatar
Eggchaser
 
Posts: 3415
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 2:24 pm
Location: Sowfampton

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby OFT on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Good work DL :thup:
User avatar
OFT
 
Posts: 11575
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:59 pm
Location: Sleepin’ in a bayou on a old rotten cot

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby -DL- on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words :thup:
User avatar
-DL-
Match thread guru
 
Posts: 19602
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 am
Location: Biting my tongue so hard it's starting to bleed.

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby pablo jaye on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:12 pm

All the best DL - good to hear that things are going well! :thup:
User avatar
pablo jaye
 
Posts: 6441
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Underwhelmingly underwhelmed!

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Sorry , mate , didn't see this yesterday [ tell you the truth , I was knackered ] .

I'll be honest with you , I feared the worst when I first read you only had a 20% chance of survival , Jennie's cousin [ 33 ] was given an 80% chance of survival but didn't make it so well done to you , your tough no nonsense nature will have got you through - Jeepers , I even said a couple of prayers for you and I ain't of that mind .


Best News in a long long time . :thup:
User avatar
The Old Man of Storr
 
Posts: 18541
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Lost In the Recesses Of My Mind .

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby SammyLeeWasOffside on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Good news to hear. Here's to a long and healthy future :thup:

Try not to die in a crash first day back.
User avatar
SammyLeeWasOffside
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 am

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby -DL- on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:28 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Sorry , mate , didn't see this yesterday [ tell you the truth , I was knackered ] .

I'll be honest with you , I feared the worst when I first read you only had a 20% chance of survival , Jennie's cousin [ 33 ] was given an 80% chance of survival but didn't make it so well done to you , your tough no nonsense nature will have got you through - Jeepers , I even said a couple of prayers for you and I ain't of that mind .


Best News in a long long time . :thup:


It was 30% chance, after 5 years, so although it's not there at the moment, I'm not out the woods yet. BUT it's a hell of a start - regularly cameras down the japs-eye, every 3 months at first, increasing to 6 months, increasing to a year. After5 years clear, if all is tickity-boo, then I've beaten the ****er.
User avatar
-DL-
Match thread guru
 
Posts: 19602
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 am
Location: Biting my tongue so hard it's starting to bleed.

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby -DL- on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:28 pm

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:
Try not to die in a crash first day back.


It's something I will try to avoid I think. I've heard it's not good for you.
User avatar
-DL-
Match thread guru
 
Posts: 19602
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 am
Location: Biting my tongue so hard it's starting to bleed.

Re: A Message From The DL Clan

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:30 pm

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:Try not to die in a crash first day back.


A veritable goldmine of good advice, this site.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Col Hammer, HH105, Stevey and 12 guests