TOMoS

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: TOMoS

Postby Vince on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:49 pm

Get well soon Tomos and good luck for Friday.
At least we don't have to listen to Oz's rambling's on this particular thread at least.
He can concentrate on giving us his words of wisdom on the transfer thread. :wink:
Vince

Postby Samba on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:02 pm

Hammers Dad wrote:You've been through the mill with your health haven't you, you old goat.
I wouldn't be surprised if they named a wing of the hospital after you soon (or start charging you rent).

I'm not gonna call TOMoS, the new Andy Carroll, but...
Samba

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:43 pm

Vince wrote:Get well soon Tomos and good luck for Friday.
At least we don't have to listen to Oz's rambling's on this particular thread at least.
He can concentrate on giving us his words of wisdom on the transfer thread. :wink:

yeah, it's been a real pain in the ass multitasking that's for sure !!!!!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Monkey Mike on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:07 am

Get well soon Tomos! Glad to hear all is well and you haven't gone AWOL :thup:
Monkey Mike

Postby EastBrisHammer on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:38 am

Get well soon TOMoS.

I had an infection caused by gallstones and the pain was immense. I know a woman that went through it as well and she said she would rather go through child birth again. It wasn't until the infection that I realised that the unexplained pains down my back from time to time were caused by gallstones.

I have found cutting down on cheese has been the best way to stop gallstones forming. Also I don't eat burgers or pizza very often now and stick to less fatty curries. It has made a big difference. The gall bladder was whipped out as well.
EastBrisHammer

Postby Samba on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:49 pm

Hope it went well today, TOMoS.
Samba

Postby ageing hammer on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:31 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This
ageing hammer

Postby bubbles1966 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Yep, wishing you the best of health ToMoS :thup:
bubbles1966

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi Guys ,
Well , I had an ERCP yesterday which basically means a bloody great tube down the gullet with a wire running through the middle acting as a grabber or a cutter .
Last time I had it done the procedure lasted 20 mins which is what they told me would happen yesterday - it took 80 minutes and was unsuccessful in locating my ampula - bugger was the first word that came to mind .
So , today they've sent me home [ I'm at Becky's flat in Inverness ] then Jen will pick me up tomorrow as she has a guest arriving tonight , in 7 days time I go back for another attempt at dislodging the stone , not looking forward to it truth be told .
I had pancreatitis with bacteria in the blood , today the Doctor told me , ' We were quite worried about you last week ' [ if they were they didn't show it ! ] , so now you know everything .

Just to reiterate , I'm proud to be part of this wonderful community , your messages helped me get through the last 13 days , so thank you each and every one of you , bless you all .

Peter xxx
The Old Man of Storr

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:44 pm

EastBrisHammer wrote:Get well soon TOMoS.

I had an infection caused by gallstones and the pain was immense. I know a woman that went through it as well and she said she would rather go through child birth again. It wasn't until the infection that I realised that the unexplained pains down my back from time to time were caused by gallstones.

I have found cutting down on cheese has been the best way to stop gallstones forming. Also I don't eat burgers or pizza very often now and stick to less fatty curries. It has made a big difference. The gall bladder was whipped out as well.

You can be assured I'll be cutting out the kit kats in future and eating sensibly [ this was my 2nd encounter with pancreatitis ] - I am going to have a chicken burger tonight though . :thup:
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:13 pm

you bloody drama queen !!! you just want this thread to continue, so you made it as difficult as possible for the poor bloody doc..

:D

seriously though sorry you have to go through it again...any time anyone undergoes surgery it leaves you cream crackered....twice in a week is awful...been there, done that....

fingers crossed for you next time......

:thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Samba on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:24 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:You can be assured I'll be cutting out the kit kats in future and eating sensibly [ this was my 2nd encounter with pancreatitis ]

That's a bit of a pain in the.., so to speak. Try to do lots of relaxation techniques this week, Peter & try not to worry. Mainly because there's no point, as they will sort it eventually, even if they have to resort to using TNT...
What with you & Monkeybubbles, wtf is happening to people on here. It's turned into the West Ham sick room of the last 3 seasons..
Samba

Postby The Collector on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:33 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote: in 7 days time I go back for another attempt at dislodging the stone , not looking forward to it truth be told .

Have they tried hanging you upside down and thumping your back until the stone pops out?

I am not familiar with modern medical techniques but this was always a threat from my mum if I got something stuck inside. What?
The Collector

Postby WestHamByTheSea on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 pm

TOMOS mate - regarding the ERCP. I used to work as an endoscopy nurse - granted I left 20 years ago - but I assume you had sedation as opposed to general anaesthetic? Just mentioning it as you can ask for a GA over just having sedation if the thought of having to endure it again is understandably a worry?

This goes for anyone else having almost any sort of endoscopy procedure - it's never a nice experience but if the thought of it is really troubling you, you can ask for a GA instead of the usual sedation. GPs almost always have a GA when they have an endoscopy themselves - just bear in mind it takes a good bit longer to come around from afterwards, but it should be there as an option if it helps make the prospect of the procedure a little less daunting.

ERCP is a peculiar one in that it does indeed usually take about 20-30 minutes, but it can last for anything up to nearly 2 hours (basically there's a lot to do and it's essentially 2 procedures in 1) - so as with your experience TOMOS, just know there is that alternative of being zonked out completely for it!

All the best as always chum, hope you'll be shot of all the current unpleasantness ASAP. :thup:
WestHamByTheSea

Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Postby Samba on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:30 am

WestHamByTheSea wrote:ERCP is a peculiar one in that it does indeed usually take about 20-30 minutes, but it can last for anything up to nearly 2 hours (basically there's a lot to do and it's essentially 2 procedures in 1) - so as with your experience TOMOS, just know there is that alternative of being zonked out completely for it!

Can't they zap it or break it up with ultrasound or something, WHBTS?
Samba

Postby WestHamByTheSea on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:40 am

Samba wrote:ERCP is a peculiar one in that it does indeed usually take about 20-30 minutes, but it can last for anything up to nearly 2 hours (basically there's a lot to do and it's essentially 2 procedures in 1) - so as with your experience TOMOS, just know there is that alternative of being zonked out completely for it!
Can't they zap it or break it up with ultrasound or something, WHBTS?

Don't know these days Samba, like i say i haven't been in the business for 20 years now so perhaps now that's possible, especially with the ongoing advances in micro/keyhole surgery etc. I'd imagine that such an option might be pheasible at either a very early stage or perhaps at a later stage after one or two initial ERCPs, but don't quote me on that!
WestHamByTheSea

Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:31 am

SAMBA , they can zap kidney stones but this thing I got has to be grabbed or cut .
WHBTS , that's interesting concerning GPS having general , the bastards ! They don't want to waste that sort of time on an ordinary patient .

Having trouble sleeping but there's worse things .

Hope you all had a good weekend .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Tenbury on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:35 am

You should be sleeping not messing around on here.!

I grieves me to tell you (given that while I was laid up in hospital all last summer ,you were watching the World Cup and getting sunburnt) that today I'm going to see a Lancaster at Shobden Food and Flying Show......hope you're jealous.
Tenbury

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:43 am

Tenbury wrote:You should be sleeping not messing around on here.!

I grieves me to tell you (given that while I was laid up in hospital all last summer ,you were watching the World Cup and getting sunburnt) that today I'm going to see a Lancaster at Shobden Food and Flying Show......hope you're jealous.

Quite the opposite , I'm very happy for you , my old friend . Hopefully , I'll get my share soon .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:44 am

Can't sleep , my head is racing with the drugs I'm on .
The Old Man of Storr

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug