TOMoS

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: TOMoS

Postby bristolhammerfc on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:02 am

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Can't sleep , my head is racing with the drugs I'm on .

You can always catch up on sleep. The drugs are doing their job. Get well soon mate.

I am in Shaldon in Devon and was at the air show yesterday. Typhoon was brilliant along with a spitfire and some bi planes.

Didn't want to go, but thought of you and how lucky I am to be able to. Sucked it up and it was great.
bristolhammerfc

Postby bristolhammerfc on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:23 am

When I said I thought of you, I didn't mean that you were there when people were flying bi planes etc. :wink:
bristolhammerfc

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:53 am

Appreciate your very kind words , Bris , happy to hear happy stories , good for the soul .

Going back to Skye today then if it still goes ahead back to hospital on Friday , but as Becky says , I'm now an outpatient and just because Mr McNally said ' Next Friday ' I'm at the mercy of the office that organises these things .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby mushy on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:15 am

WestHamByTheSea wrote:
ERCP is a peculiar one in that it does indeed usually take about 20-30 minutes, but it can last for anything up to nearly 2 hours (basically there's a lot to do and it's essentially 2 procedures in 1) - so as with your experience TOMOS, just know there is that alternative of being zonked out completely for it!

:

I had this procedure done three times under sedation, once you get over the original gagging effect I didnt think it was too bad, much rather this then a general. I got the bus home after.
I had a polyp deep in my intestine somewhere, they tried to use this method of getting it out, trouble was the polyp was too big for the loop thing and they couldnt get the loop thing round the polyp, the thinking being that if polyp was that large it might get stuck in my windpipe on the way out and suffocate me. Does that sound about right westhanbythesea?
Anyway, the only option was surgery which they screwed up with my aftercare (there wasnt any) and I got a wound infection, back in hospital to be opened up again, not sewed back up but wound left to heal and close on its own. This took over three months, then I developed a surgical hernia where they had cut through my stomach wall, so they opened me up a third time and did a very painful mesh repair.
All for one poxy polyp. In all I wasnt able to work for nearly six months.
Make sure they get that thing out Tomos, good to hear you are alive and kicking.
Take care mate.
mushy

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:56 am

Bloody hell , Tim , that sounds bloody awful . I'm well aware that there are people who are worse off than me , I was surrounded by a few in 6A some though were self inflicted ( the Saturday night mob ) one young lad had been set upon by bouncers and police , they'd dislocated his elbow , one of the nicest lads you could ever meet , built like a tank. Another lad fell down an embankment and punctured his lung but the one which upset me the most was a young lad from Skye who came in for a biopsy , cancer of the liver , he's 30 - broke my heart honestly .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Samba on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:35 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Going back to Skye today then if it still goes ahead back to hospital on Friday , but as Becky says , I'm now an outpatient and just because Mr McNally said ' Next Friday ' I'm at the mercy of the office that organises these things .

Is that, 'Butcher McNally', TOMoS?
Samba

Postby Monkeybubbles on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Samba wrote:Is that, 'Butcher McNally', TOMoS?

Trained with Harold Shipman.
Monkeybubbles

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:14 am

Samba wrote:Is that, 'Butcher McNally', TOMoS?

One of the sweetest men you could ever wish to meet actually , I like him a lot , took out my gallbladder , easiest time ever .

I cannot praise the Raigmore staff highly enough , brilliant bunch of people . :thup:
The Old Man of Storr

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:12 pm

pablo jaye wrote:TOMoS - great to hear from you and to hear that things are going in the right direction. Missus Jaye is having her gall bladder removed next week, so I’ll have full picture of the aches and pains from both of you.

Cheers - Pablo :scarfer:

Sorry , mate , just seen this , tell her it's the easiest op ever to recover from , I had the op at 9.45 am back in 2017 , by 1 pm I was ready to go home but the Nurses made me wait until 4 pm .

If it's keyhole it involves just 4 maybe 5 small cuts which heal very quickly .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby vietnammer on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:25 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote: I like him a lot , took out my gallbladder

Still having trouble not seeing this in a horror film sort of way
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby mushy on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:51 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Bloody hell , Tim , that sounds bloody awful . I'm well aware that there are people who are worse off than me .

Am really sorry if thats how my post came across, last thing I wanted to do was enter some sort of 'poor me' competition.
I was just sort of trying to explain how I went from what should have been a simple procedure to a complete f**k up within a very short period of time.
Although I guess that's not all that helpful.
mushy

Postby Samba on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:41 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote: I like him a lot , took out my gallbladder

vietnammer wrote:Still having trouble not seeing this in a horror film sort of way

Poor TOMoS only went in with an ingrowing toenail..
Samba

Postby pablo jaye on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:42 pm

pablo jaye wrote:TOMoS - great to hear from you and to hear that things are going in the right direction. Missus Jaye is having her gall bladder removed next week, so I’ll have full picture of the aches and pains from both of you.

Cheers - Pablo :scarfer:

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Sorry , mate , just seen this , tell her it's the easiest op ever to recover from , I had the op at 9.45 am back in 2017 , by 1 pm I was ready to go home but the Nurses made me wait until 4 pm .

If it's keyhole it involves just 4 maybe 5 small cuts which heal very quickly .

Cheers TOMoS - all went well yesterday, Mrs Jaye was under the knife by 8am and home by 5pm. The team at Basingstoke DTC are a great team and she couldn’t fault them. As she had a pressure bandage on, she didn’t know how many incisions there were. I got a text from her whilst at work today saying ‘I’m a sieve!!!’ - she’d removed the bandage to discover 5 holes.

Recovery is going well, although I am building up my stamina what with all the running around fetching stuff and making sure she doesn’t overdo it.
pablo jaye

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:29 pm

She just has to watch what she eats now for the first few weeks .

I got partial to steamed white fish and mash .

Jen doesn't like fish but made a cracking little coating tonight out of garlic powder and some other spice [ sorry forgotten ] mixed into the flour along with some capers warmed up in lemon juice - I was impressed considering she'd been working hard all day and nursing myself .

Raigmore phoned me again today to tell me to meet them at 4 pm for some bloods and stuff on Thursday then back in on Friday for 7.30 am . Home Saturday with any luck .

Got a different surgeon for the second attempt .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:59 pm

vietnammer wrote:Still having trouble not seeing this in a horror film sort of way

:lol:

Bravo sir, genuine LOL! at that
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:14 pm

vietnammer wrote:
Still having trouble not seeing this in a horror film sort of way

He just reached down into my throat and pulled it out with pliers .

It was ok though as I'd been given a sedative , two half bricks to the head .

They breed them tough in the Highlands . :)
The Old Man of Storr

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:35 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:They breed them tough in the Highlands . :)

... and in Wales. :)

Sorry to hear about all this mate - I had no idea until I saw this a few minutes ago. Wishing you well - you know that. xxx
DaveWHU1964

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:28 am

DaveWHU1964 wrote:... and in Wales. :)

Sorry to hear about all this mate - I had no idea until I saw this a few minutes ago. Wishing you well - you know that. xxx

Cheers , Dave -

Actually beginning to feel slightly better today , have been feeling very light headed since coming home thinking I may have fooled them into sending me home by my overly cheerful disposition , but , it's only a matter of time , I'll get there .

Sat in my chair all day yesterday only getting up to go to the loo , bit pathetic really .

Still , I'm up to date with Kumb and all that's been happening in the outside world .

Love to Mrs Dave . :thup:
The Old Man of Storr

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:00 am

Just a quick update then , chaps [ I know Cuencs worries about me in Darkest Ecuador ] - :)

I'm off to Inverness this afternoon to be at Raigmore for 4 pm - bloods etc taken then to Becky's flat overnight - the plan was for me to go on the bus but Jennie insisted on driving me there today and tomorrow at 7 am for my procedure - If they can locate this elusive bile duct and find the stone [ or nothing ] then Happy Days , short stay in hospital then home - if they fail then it's back again in another 7 days , ad infinitum . :)

Anyway , might not be posting until Sunday .

P. Donna . xxx
The Old Man of Storr

Postby ageing hammer on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Good luck Peter hope they get it and you are on the mend :)
ageing hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug