Extended Manufacturers Warranty on Car

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: Extended Manufacturers Warranty on Car

Postby Tenbury on Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:55 pm

National Recovery will recover your motor free following an accident if your insurance is fully comp.
Tenbury

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:57 pm

£350 for 2 years Full Warranty + what sounds to be completely comprehensive breakdown/recovery seems like a decent price, I'd be inclned to take it.

I remember when my VW broke down just after I got it, it went back to the main dealer. Ended up getting a different car, but that's another story. What I do recall, though, was walking round the garage with one of their mechanics, and seeing a Touareg up on the lift, with the engine out. I asked if it was the v8, and he took me over to show me the work they were doing on it. A valve had come loose and punctured the side of the block, looked like a bullet had gone through it. I asked how much the repairs were, and he said "around the £5k mark, we're seeing if VW will cough up, but it's out of warranty so looks like he's sh*t out of luck". Couldn't have been more than a few months past the warranty expiry. Made my blood run cold.
DasNutNock

Postby Suffolk Iron on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:11 pm

DL, if you can get that warranty for £250 go for it. Generally, a properly serviced Honda of that age will not developed a major fault. BUT bear in mind that the Roadside Assist will cover things like punctures, blown fuses etc. Also, the recovery is not relay. It is direct to home or nearest dealer if preferred. It is also valid throughout Europe as is the warranty. I agree with the service manager at your local dealer. They know that selling them at about cost price makes no money up front but can bill Honda if it is needed.

I will now admit that I am a bit biased as I work for Honda. So when you finally take the plunge on a new Type R pm me, you will be looked after :) I
Suffolk Iron

Postby -DL- on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Suffolk Iron wrote:Also, the recovery is not relay. It is direct to home or nearest dealer if preferred. It is also valid throughout Europe as is the warranty. I agree with the service manager at your local dealer. They know that selling them at about cost price makes no money up front but can bill Honda if it is needed.

I will now admit that I am a bit biased as I work for Honda. So when you finally take the plunge on a new Type R pm me, you will be looked after :) I

It's to anywhere dude :thup:

iii. Honda Recovery Assistance
If we can’t fix your Vehicle at the roadside, and we authorise Honda Recovery Assistance, we can
endeavour to arrange for you, and up to four passengers and your Vehicle to be transported to any single
mainland UK destination. This includes the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands (in these cases, you’ll
have to pay the ferry costs).

Regarding another motor. Type-R or not, we may have a chat sooner rather than later. I really do fancy a 1.5 petrol in the new shape. :wink:
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby Samba on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:50 pm

I did think that 1 year for £250 was a bit mean so 2 years for £350, I would say is not bad.
That's if you're not gonna chat with Suffolk Iron!
Samba

Postby Xander on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:33 am

-DL- wrote:If I was just to buy recovery (I've looked on AA), I'd be looking at around £200 quid anyway. For an extra 50, it kind of seems daft not to for the sake of a fiver a month - because even just one claim is going to outweigh the cost anyway.

Have a look at these mob:

https://www.qdosbreakdown.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have been using them for the last few years and always come out cheaper than the AA etc. with full cover, home start and onward journey
Xander

Previous

Return to The Snug