Diet and Fitness

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: Diet and Fitness

Postby Patito on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Briggsy wrote: It's incredible for mental health.

So very true. :thup:
Patito

Postby Kev59 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Clacton-ammer wrote:Use to love the gym, still go 3 or 4 times a week, one of those is a spinning session. Becoming like a grind due to always having niggly injuries.

I took up spinning about 2 months ago. Dr suggested it after my annual checkup as a way to get fitter and shed the spare tyre. It's a lot harder than it looked! 45 minutes with an instructor who's more like a drill sergeant. First session I did I thought I was going to cough up a lung at the end (yes, I really was that unfit). Two months later, I've lost most of the tyre, half a stone and don't feel too bad at end.
Kev59

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Up until my latest bout of pancreatitis caused by a blocked bile duct I had been drinking quite a lot of orange juice in a week - I knew all that sugar wasn't good for me - Yesterday I found an Apple Squash type drink in Aldi [ well , Jennie did ] and if you add diet lemonade it makes for a very refreshing drink similar to Appletise for a 50th of the price [ or whatever fraction it is ] , cheaper anyway .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Clacton-ammer on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 am

Kev59 wrote:
I took up spinning about 2 months ago. Dr suggested it after my annual checkup as a way to get fitter and shed the spare tyre. It's a lot harder than it looked! 45 minutes with an instructor who's more like a drill sergeant. First session I did I thought I was going to cough up a lung at the end (yes, I really was that unfit). Two months later, I've lost most of the tyre, half a stone and don't feel too bad at end.

:D best spinning instructors are drill sergeants for sure, combined with a great playlist! Good for you, keep it up, a good 45min spin session is great for body & mind.

I always have to mop the floor with my towel after, wring my socks & T shirt out, find a lung and take two minutes resting up on my bike to stop the blurred vision. Whole body is alive & cleansed after :thup:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Previous

Return to The Snug