Pressure Washers - Talk To Me

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Pressure Washers - Talk To Me

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:23 pm

I'm fed up paying the blokes in the petrol station 15 sheets a pop to clean my motor so I'm going to invest in a pressure washer. Any recommendations? I've currently got my eye on a Kacher K2 but want to know if there's anything better out there.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Re: Pressure Washers - Talk To Me

Postby White Goodman on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:I'm fed up paying the blokes in the petrol station 15 sheets a pop to clean my motor so I'm going to invest in a pressure washer. Any recommendations? I've currently got my eye on a Kacher K2 but want to know if there's anything better out there.

I've seen some fairly industrial looking ones in B&Q that operate at far higher pressures but would imagine the Karcher one would be sufficient for your purposes.

That said bear in mind you will never do it better than the Kosovan/Romanian/Ghanaian front for organised crime down the road from wherever you live and they charge about 6 to 7 quid,

If it's 15 quid , you are being truly ripped off
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 pm

I have a Karcher
Don't use it for my car but does a great job of my patio
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 pm

White Goodman wrote:If it's 15 quid , you are being truly ripped off

I've got a 4x4 so they charge double for that round my way.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Samba on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:I'm fed up paying the blokes in the petrol station 15 sheets a pop to clean my motor so I'm going to invest in a pressure washer. Any recommendations? I've currently got my eye on a Kacher K2 but want to know if there's anything better out there.

From 'Which':
Best pressure washer for cleaning cars Karcher K4 Compact 74% £150.00 REVIEWED MAY 2017 Although this product narrowly misses out on being a Best Buy because it is not up to scratch at cleaning decking, it's definitely worth considering if you just want to wash your car a few times a month. The hose is a good length for cleaning around a car and it cleans the bodywork and windows well. The suction hose for detergent is useful when a lot is required, or the foamer nozzle works well to apply a good quality detergent foam too.
Best pressure washer for cleaning in the garden Karcher K2 Full Control Home 69% £89.99 REVIEWED MAY 2017 The Karcher K2 Full Control Home pressure washer includes a patio cleaner in the price. It has lances that are labelled to help you choose the right spray for your task and avoid damaging delicate surfaces. With its versatility in handling both delicate surfaces and stuck-in dirt you should be able to clean all your garden surfaces.
Best pressure washer with patio cleaner Karcher K4 Full Control Car & Home 79% £220.00 REVIEWED MAY 2017 This quick and effective pressure washer is a great choice for people with large areas of grimy ground or vehicles to deal with. We found it brilliant at cleaning a car, with or without the car brush. The patio cleaner that it comes with cleans more quickly, but gets the same excellent cleaning results. It is easy to use and has a good range of different jet strengths, so you have gentler options to care for more delicate surfaces.
Best pressure washer for hard-surface cleaning Nilfisk D-PG 140.4-9 PAD X-TRA Powergrip 78% £432.00 REVIEWED MAY 2018 The Nilfisk Dynamic Power Grip pressure washer D-PG 140.4-9 PAD X-TRA includes a brush and patio cleaner, and has an unusual function that lets you select seven different spray strengths using buttons in the handle. This makes tackling those tough surfaces just that much easier.
Cheapest Best Buy pressure washer Karcher K4 Full Control 78% £199.99 REVIEWED MAY 2017
This quick and effective Best Buy pressure washer is a great choice for people with large areas of grimy ground or vehicles to deal with as we found it brilliant at cleaning a car. It is easy to use and has a good range of different jet strengths, so you have gentler options to care for more delicate surfaces.
Samba

Postby WorcesterWHU on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Had a Karcher, got used about 4 times - got it out the shed to clean the patio when it was baking a few weeks back and the thing was bollocksed, so had to buy a new one.

Think the K2 is all plastic and the K4 (all of this is off the top of the dome) has got some metal innards so a bit more robust.
WorcesterWHU

Postby White Goodman on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:49 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
I've got a 4x4 so they charge double for that round my way.

Ah right, makes sense.

Still sounds high.

I have a K2 it's easily good enough for what you want.

I bought mine for the same purpose and then realised I am far too lazy to get all of that **** out and wash the car myself.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 pm

I got mine from Aldi for £40 or so, and I can't say it performs noticeably worse than my neighbour's Karcher.
DasNutNock

Postby mushy on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Why do people wash their cars?
It's a serious question.
mushy

Postby Samba on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:23 pm

mushy wrote:Why do people wash their cars?
It's a serious question.

Apart from the aesthetics it's mainly to keep the paint & bodywork in good order. Any bird poo left on is good at stripping paint.
Also, if you never wash your car, the dirt kind of gets baked in & one day you go to clean it & you can't get it clean. You then have to get a pro to take the top layer off to get it shiny again.
So I suppose, regular washing is only really necessary if you're hoping to sell it or part exchange it one day.
People will always give you less if the paint looks sh*te.
Samba

Postby mushy on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 pm

So its financial reasons.rather then vanity?
Couldnt you save quite a bit of money and just have it T Cut before you come to sell?

Am not sure if T Cutting still works, along with plastic padding you never seem to hear much of it these days.
mushy

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:40 pm

A K2 is fine for me ... decent on my wooden patio too. Doesn’t knacker the wood.
pablo jaye

Postby Mega Ron on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 pm

You have to pay loads for one that can talk.

They probably don't post on here
Mega Ron

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:18 pm

I have a K 2 which is fine for most domestic jobs. However, I had a blocked drain under the garden and bought a 10M jetting hose with the idea of clearing it. The K2 didn't generate enough pressure to propel it more than about 3-4 metres along the drain, even when I wiggled and pushed it along it didn't really want to go much further. That's not really a criticism of the K2 though, more of my over ambitious expectations.

Top tip; make sure you turn off the pressure pump before pulling the hose out of the drain. It's not pure tap water you get showered with :thdn:
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby FreeWheeling on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:34 pm

On my second Karcher K2, first one lasted 10 years of abuse, cant fault them really
FreeWheeling

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:41 pm

I just went and talked to my pressure washer and it asked me to tell you that you’re all tw*ts.
DasNutNock

Postby peter49uk on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Meguiars Waterless Wash and Wax
I use this if it’s not to dirty
Re pressure washer is it really that dirty that a garden hose wouldn’t do ?
Has anyone used Auto Finesse paintwork enhancer
peter49uk

Postby -DL- on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Now you know what a tart I am for cleaning my car - and I got this last year, and it truely is the best I've ever had.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7366046

My last one was a K2, and it knocks spots off it, and the pressure is superb.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby jastons on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Silly question time.

If you stop using a pressure washer, but the tap is still running for a few minutes, where does the water go? I'm asking because my bathroom taps are an awkward size and it's murder to fit a hose pipe on without water pissing out everywhere.
jastons

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Nowhere, it's just the same as turning off a tap. The pressure washer is effectively another tap at the far end of the hosepipe.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Next

Return to The Snug