Arthur Masuaku

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: Arthur Masuaku

Postby Patito on Tue May 14, 2019 8:30 am

My opinion on him has completely changed (again) over the last 6 weeks, he could be exactly what we need going forward. He looked devoid of confidence a few months ago he's like a new player now.
Patito

Postby ornchurch ammer on Tue May 14, 2019 8:31 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:The problem for Masuaku now is that every mistake, no matter how minimal or insignificant, is magnified.

That's because he has made so many and been responsible for a lot of goals conceded.

By all means keep him as a natural left footer as an option for left midfield but not as someone who has to be relied on in defence. It's not just his tackling but his reading of the game, positional sense and lack of awareness when covering that's a concern defensively.
ornchurch ammer

Postby thejackhammer on Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 am

He hasn't been to blame for many goals at all. He just gets blamed for everything.

Even against Brighton, he was blamed for Murray being able to waltz into our 6 yard box unmarked when Diop and Balbuena were no where to be seen.

There's a prejudice against him that shines a magnifying glass on every goal we concede with him in the team.

Cross comes in from his side, his fault.
Cross comes in from the other side, his fault.
thejackhammer

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 am

ornchurch ammer wrote:
That's because he has made so many and been responsible for a lot of goals conceded.

Go on then. Name them...

Brighton away he was ultimately responsible but it was errors all over the park leaving him isolated and then man city he struggled with Sterling (hardly a crime)

Like every full back he can get isolated at the far post at times but that is usually just as much a fault of the CBs and DMs

I don't recall any howlers
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby ornchurch ammer on Tue May 14, 2019 8:50 am

He's a liability; made worse with Ogbonna alongside him.

The pair of the together are like the Keystone Kops.
ornchurch ammer

Postby thejackhammer on Tue May 14, 2019 9:15 am

ornchurch ammer wrote:He's a liability; made worse with Ogbonna alongside him.

The pair of the together are like the Keystone Kops.

Crouchy asked for examples. All you've done is repeat a point that he disputes.

Masuaku was blamed for the defeat at Liverpool on the opening day, the cross from Fredericks' side was his fault, the cross from his side was also his fault. Against Brighton the striker running unopposed into our 6 yard box, the left backs fault.

Yet clean sheet against Tottenham, and people complain that he let one cross through.

He'll leave, go to Tottenham and be a revelation.
thejackhammer

Postby LeonRivers on Tue May 14, 2019 9:17 am

He’d be a sensation at a club with a very good defensive midfield. I actually really like him. The silly concentration mistakes can be coached out of him, and will happen less frequently if we can improve our defensive midfield anyway.
LeonRivers

Postby Hammersfaniow on Tue May 14, 2019 9:23 am

Interesting that Arthur came into a decent bit of form in the tail end of the season and the majority thinking that he’s probably now our first choice left back if we don’t sign anyone else.

What I was wondering is there anyone that still thinks he should be sold due to the spitting incident, that seems to have been completely forgotten about ? Many said at the time he should never wear the colours again after doing such a disgusting thing to a fellow professional, but after putting in some decent performances, has all been forgiven do we think ?
Hammersfaniow

Postby Patito on Tue May 14, 2019 9:30 am

Hammersfaniow wrote: Many said at the time he should never wear the colours again after doing such a disgusting thing to a fellow professional, but after putting in some decent performances, has all been forgiven do we think ?

I'd actually genuinely forgotten about that. It was disgusting. Nearly a year and a half ago now though.
Patito

Postby Morocco Mole on Tue May 14, 2019 9:36 am

LeonRivers wrote:He’d be a sensation at a club with a very good defensive midfield. I actually really like him. The silly concentration mistakes can be coached out of him, and will happen less frequently if we can improve our defensive midfield anyway.

:thup:

A modern full back with mad skillz. Keep.
Morocco Mole

Postby S-H on Tue May 14, 2019 9:40 am

Hammersfaniow wrote:
What I was wondering is there anyone that still thinks he should be sold due to the spitting incident, that seems to have been completely forgotten about ? Many said at the time he should never wear the colours again after doing such a disgusting thing to a fellow professional, but after putting in some decent performances, has all been forgiven do we think ?

It's all saliva under the bridge, as far as I'm concerned.
S-H

Postby badabing on Tue May 14, 2019 9:48 am

Hammersfaniow wrote:Interesting that Arthur came into a decent bit of form in the tail end of the season and the majority thinking that he’s probably now our first choice left back if we don’t sign anyone else.

You are Jamie Carragher and I claim my runners up black armband thingy.
badabing

Postby Hammersfaniow on Tue May 14, 2019 10:14 am

badabing wrote:

You are Jamie Carragher and I claim my runners up black armband thingy.

:?
Hammersfaniow

Postby hammerman11 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:00 am

Arthur is a good age 24 has pace, can beat a man or three and can provide cover for left midfield and left winger. He has also done very well at LB where he has played well for 4 games in a row.

If kourtis comes in then one will be gone between him and cresswell. sell cresswell 29 and declining fast. we might get up to 10m for him.

keep Arthur
hammerman11

Postby kentishiron on Wed May 15, 2019 12:57 am

People talk as if Masuaku is dog, yet Cresswell in my opinion makes way more mistakes than Arthur. Doesn't have pace, bottles tackles and can't beat a man for toffee. We are a much better team with Arthur in it over Cresswell, his reinstatement into the team has coincided with us putting in some of our best performances of the season.
kentishiron

Postby goa127 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am

I've been a fierce critic of Arthur this season but he's been a revelation in his recent spell. The only problem is which is the real arthur? I like this one but I'd actually prefer to play with 10 than have the evil twin.
goa127

Postby prophet:marginal on Wed May 15, 2019 7:29 am

hammers92 wrote:I'm probably in a minority but I think we should upgrade the position, just don't think he's very good.

I doubt we can replace Cress and Masu in one window, but wouldn't complain, if we tried.
prophet:marginal

Postby hammerman11 on Wed May 15, 2019 9:14 am

sell cresswell - we might get around 10m for him. 29, England international etc. keep Arthur.
hammerman11

Postby Knighter10WHU on Wed May 15, 2019 9:20 am

He's a good player, certainly going forwards. I think the fact he is 5 years younger than Cresswell and is versatile and can play in multiple positions down the left side (LB, LWB & LM) would be enough to convince me to keep him for next season over Cresswell.

We should look to bring in a quality LB to replace Cresswell who sadly has never rediscovered his pre-injury form and use Arthur as a squad player.
Knighter10WHU

Postby hammerman11 on Wed May 15, 2019 9:23 am

looks like we are after kourtis from Greece. don't know much about him but hopefully pele does !

we need to buy younger so we don't have to replace players all the time.

That is why I don't want dzeko medel cahil cech etc

buy younger for the future !
hammerman11

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion