West Ham Utd 0-3 Burnley: match thread (10/03/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Burnley: match thread

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Dieter Eckstein wrote: My fear is that the board are stubborn bastards and will stick around even if we get relegated, so it’ll all be for nothing and we’d have been better off with a 1.0 win.
Yeah of course we would have been better off with a 1-0 win but they scored first so that scenario had nothing to do with any protest. We don't do too well coming back to win points so I doubt the protests would have changed anything more than a point.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

HoppyHammer wrote:This is terribly run club and a complete shambles. From not getting rid of Bilic sooner, starting the season with a wafer thin squad, for not filling the vulnerable positions that were glaringly obvious through to a wasted January window and selling Ayew to relegation rivals.

Today was a new low and all true fans should be ashamed of those invading the pitch and those on here supporting them. In 60 years of supporting this club today I have never seen kids being frightened by brawling fans and parents saying they will never go again.

For me today makes me ashamed and after 60 years will be calling it a day
Well thanks to these shysters we might be playing Millwall next season, so I suggest you harden your kids up because that will be a whole lot uglier than a man with a flag and a group of fans singing sack the board
swerley

Post by swerley »

Gonna show my ignorance here...but what was the point of the bloke who grabbed the corner flag? Is there a significance to stealing/moving/carrying the flag?
TheHandOfDog

Post by TheHandOfDog »

swerley wrote:Gonna show my ignorance here...but what was the point of the bloke who grabbed the corner flag? Is there a significance to stealing/moving/carrying the flag?
Some users have noticed that it could be a tribute to the flag that was put in the middle of the pitch during the bond scheme protests.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

swerley wrote:Gonna show my ignorance here...but what was the point of the bloke who grabbed the corner flag? Is there a significance to stealing/moving/carrying the flag?
Wasn't the same thing done during the Bond Protests at the Boleyn?
danski78
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by danski78 »

I was up for the march as a show of unity. Thought the first half was ok and then we fell apart. I think the west stand protest was some what understandable but I think but those running on the pitch were not. Not sure I’ve felt as low as when that guy picked up the corner flag. Unbelievably sad.. sad
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2780 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

TheHandOfDog wrote: How can we talk about the spirit of the game when anyone can see clearly what is happening to football and our club? No one seems to give a **** that we are being asset stripped and being ****ed over by greedy *****. If it takes someone to do something so terrible as to run onto a football pitch then so be it, no one gives a ****, no one is listening and nothing will change if fans don't act. Once again if people running onto the pitch(such a crime btw, proper Azkaban stuff that) then so be it, I hope 10,000 run on in the next home game. I'd rather have fans showing some fight back against this cancer than having 54,000 fans shrugging and waiting for the club to die without blinking an eye. The time has passed for rational thinking, rational thinking has lead us to a cancelled peaceful protest and inaction yet again. Looking forward for more of the same of today.
:thup:
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Thanks for our badges Hammer.CA. :crest:
DD
Has liked: 1 like

Post by DD »

Did some absolute bell-end just ask about the relevance of picking up the corner flag. Have a read-up ffs
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Flag: Yes was done with the bond scheme Bubbs. Guy planted the flag in the centre spot and sat down.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

DD wrote:Did some absolute bell-end just ask about the relevance of picking up the corner flag. Have a read-up ffs
He's from the States DD......lighten up.
FAH_1973

Post by FAH_1973 »

The idiots running on the pitch are helping no-one and showed up the inept stewarding once again, Also horrible to see our fans arguing and fighting one another.

At least the board now know the level of hate for them.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

So i'm not really aware of the rules regarding trouble like this with pitch invasions etc. But is it even possible that the FA deduct points? I guess it will more than likely be a hefty fine but is a points deduction actually a possible outcome?
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2780 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Rocketron wrote: Finally we've found someone claiming to be on the waiting list.
Excellent. :lol:
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

[quote="Aztec Hammer]company man/sell out. However you want to see it.

He knows exactly what is bothering the fans and he knows exactly what’s happened to the club, but he won’t speak out for us and help explain our troubles. Which he could, from his lofty position as ‘West Ham Legend’ and fans favourite.

Let us not forget Mark, how many turned up for you and your testimonial few years ago.

A distinctly average footballer, adored by all of us, is the one to claim all that can satiate the fans is a victory every week.

I guess that’s what 50k a week does to ya.[/quote]

I didnt read it that way. I took it as him saying the fans are much harder to satisfy since the move. Only a win is enough to stop it for a while. And he names the board as a target....
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Marco clean through early on, Mario with a great chance blazed over, Lanzini clean through towards the end of the half... we dominated the first 45 and with a little more conviction it would have been a very different day.

Turned out to be one of the most shameful I've attended. Suffering a 3-0 loss after controlling the game for an hour is nothing new, but the rest of it left me lost for words.

Thought Mario was poor and was disappointing not to see Moyes drag him for Hernandez personally.

A lot of people need to have a long hard look at themselves after today.
FAH_1973

Post by FAH_1973 »

I think the pitch invasions were worse after the Wigan City cup game.
TheHandOfDog

Post by TheHandOfDog »

FAH_1973 wrote:I think the pitch invasions were worse after the Wigan City cup game.
Yeah but Wigan fans running onto a pitch doesn't quite get them really nice advertisement clicks whilst West Ham is confirmed big money clicks as everyone has seen green street and knows that we all go around looking to av a fite.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Sir Trev :lol:

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

DD wrote:Did some absolute bell-end just ask about the relevance of picking up the corner flag. Have a read-up ffs
have a go at your own fans for ffs!

oh wait you just did! carry on, never mind.
Last edited by warp on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.