Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by hammerman11 »

0 years of stinking the place out. no I think the key date is when they can sell without penalties from LLDC

I think it was 5 years from original agreement so two more seasons of misery before things may change.

trouble is diop rice Anderson lanzini will all be gone by then I fear !
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Jim White on Talk Sport (on the back of the Billy Bonds tribute at the weekend) Asking if fans have been won over by the owners yet..

Some people will just never get it, will they.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

They have shut their gobs fairly much these days and junior seems to have gone back to school. Or are they still mouthing away and are just being ignored?
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

S-H wrote:Jim White on Talk Sport (on the back of the Billy Bonds tribute at the weekend) Asking if fans have been won over by the owners yet..

Some people will just never get it, will they.
Considering Jim's interview with the current majority owner last year where lies were told about the aftermath of the Wigan FA Cup exit and how Jim is a go to for the likes of the now former Blackpool ownership and the current WHUFC, Newcastle United and Charlton Athletic owners for "interviews" which spread untruths and discord, anyone should take anything he has to say with a massive pinch of salt.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Saturday was a real emotional event and a massive positive. It's damm right that the trues legends of the club are celebrated and honoured. Let's not forget how badly Bobby Moore was treated by our previous owners and football in general before his passing.

I heartily applaud Gold & Sullivan for the way they handled things Saturday.

However one positive does not make up for all their previous misdemeanors. Nor will it, from previous experiences, prevent them from dropping an almighty clanger at any given moment soon.

As for Jim White. He and the rest of Talksport are only in the business to create controversy and drum up listening figures. It's in their best interests to offer obnoxious, uneducated and knee jerk sensationalism, because it's what pay the wages.

Best thing to do is ignore them. Not listen to the station at all. Only way to break the system is not be in it in the first place
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

actually I hate to disagree 100%

had Talksport on yesterday and they had a brilliant hour - Motty on with Laurie McMenemy

brilliant stuff.

I would listen to it again..

this isn't an endorsement in any way for the rest of the station at all, but for some of us overseas the commentary and/or roundups of the league and the Fizzy is necessary.

I use a VPN but 5 live won't ever access - they tell me they don't broadcast in my country and whatever I try to do, I can't get it.

Talksport I can so it's that or nowt.

but as I say that Motty thing was top stuff - apparently it's an ongoing thing ?

if you can get the chance to access it then it's a super hour.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:actually I hate to disagree 100%

had Talksport on yesterday and they had a brilliant hour - Motty on with Laurie McMenemy

brilliant stuff.

I would listen to it again..

this isn't an endorsement in any way for the rest of the station at all, but for some of us overseas the commentary and/or roundups of the league and the Fizzy is necessary.

I use a VPN but 5 live won't ever access - they tell me they don't broadcast in my country and whatever I try to do, I can't get it.

Talksport I can so it's that or nowt.

but as I say that Motty thing was top stuff - apparently it's an ongoing thing ?

if you can get the chance to access it then it's a super hour.

I have no doubts on that mate. I would wager though there's a huge difference in the output from a renowned broadcaster such as Motty, with clearly no agenda, to that of Messers White, Durham et al.
Graza

Post by Graza »

I thought it entirely sensible that only Gold was over by the ribbon waiting for Bonds, and that he was only briefly on the big screen.

The 3 Muppets have kept their heads down mostly which is an improvement. That's it though. I'm not even going to give them credit for appointing a real manager and then giving him some (by no means all) of the transfer funds they hadn't been spending for years. I notice that already you are seeing in the press how we must sell to buy this summer. Hernandez, Arnie, Obiang, Ogbonna, Masuaku and more all mooted to become our war chest for the summer. Only we'd struggle to replace them with as good as they are (and the loss of Carroll (what loss you say, well a body to play a couple of games a season up top) and zabaletta as their contracts expire). That they've got this out early is cynical in the extreme from the owners, and if NET we invest less than last year we will be mid table at best next year, depending on if we can get some strikers maybe even circling the plughole.

They have a long, long way to go before they could be considered to have done an adequate job, let alone a good one.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

they still need to f...
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

For sale, one used club?

Post by Hamburger »

I speculated that the reason for the big player investment last year was that they were teeing it up for a sale. I still think that is likely although the lack of a Europe place will be disappointing for them on the evaluation. Do they sell this on the back of this ok season or take a punt that we can do better next year? Either way I’m guessing it has to be imminent. They are getting old and Gold is not in the best of health and with the Brexit gloom looming and possible global recession, it would be better to sell sooner rather than later. And these boys are no mugs when it comes to making money.

Anyone got any insights? Exciting owners around the corner or some more chancers? Good thing or bad thing?
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

I’d put decent money on our club being in the Sullivan portfolio for many years to come.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Posted on another thread

Turnover c£175m (assuming flat YoY), wages c£112m (assuming max FFP of £7m increase), rent £3m, interest £4m, others c£6m (legal costs etc), transfer budget c£25m. Leaves £25m towards debt. Do that for 3 out of 4 years then the club will be (1) debt free, and (2) can be sold without the LS clause. Now they ‘only’ earn 4% they may take a view to pay down the debt more aggressively than when they earned 7%.

Could then sell the club for pure profit with no debt or charge to pay on the LS.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Rio wrote:Best thing to do is ignore them. Not listen to the station at all. Only way to break the system is not be in it in the first place
Exactly right on all points
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

Postby nerf on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:43 pm

Less travelling, that's all we are to Sully
[YouTube] " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [/YouTube]

But...........But............But...........But...........He loves West Ham............... :thdn:

GSB.............its all lies.............lies...................lies!!!
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

Anyone else seen that picture of the owners, with Sir Trev and Pellers outside the academy and just want to smash the midget in the face for doing his crossed hammers ****?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

usual classless act by the dwarf. could of dressed up for it. what inspiration he must be for our players !
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

The gap to top six clubs and ‘West Ham fan naivity’ around believing that moving ground would secure top six (even though that’s what DS said) are regularly trotted out by the sycophantic social media and uninformed pundits as justification of why West Ham and the owners are doing ok but the fans have unfair expectations.

It’s nonsense bull**** to hide behind. I don’t know any of my mates who thought moving ground would make us top six. We didn’t expect top six football and we’re actually a relatively easy fanbase to satisfy if you show commitment, play progressive football and give the cups a proper go. We didn’t expect to be outspent by Bournemouth though.

It’s an obvious tactic to make the argument and criticism black and white to split the fanbase and public opinion - when in reality the frustration is much more nuanced around engagement, experience, communication, spend and investment. They are happy to demonise and alienate a part of the fanbase in order to protect their own reputation and wallet.

As i’ve said previously - when all this is said and done the board have done far better out of West Ham than West Ham have done out of the board.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Here's your chance to meet Gold and tell him to his face what you think of him

http://www.davidgold.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Just out of interest this past day or two the club acolytes have targeted the redbubble site I set up for the flagman merchandise way back. Brady in particular seemed to be unhappy with being compared to the wicked witch of the west (ham). The Flagman stuff seems immune for the time being at least, as they have no basis on which to challenge them but will be interesting to see if they try further tactics to get them removed, they certainly seem a little angsty about being mocked. If I end up mysteriously disappearing or found drowned in the River Lee look for a dodgy short Russian looking guy in a suspect overcoat.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

e-20 wrote:Just out of interest this past day or two the club acolytes have targeted the redbubble site I set up for the flagman merchandise way back. Brady in particular seemed to be unhappy with being compared to the wicked witch of the west (ham). The Flagman stuff seems immune for the time being at least, as they have no basis on which to challenge them but will be interesting to see if they try further tactics to get them removed, they certainly seem a little angsty about being mocked. If I end up mysteriously disappearing or found drowned in the River Lee look for a dodgy short Russian looking guy in a suspect overcoat.
Yes, your name is on ze list..
Expect to wake up next to a horses head, any day now..scratch that, it's Sully, make that a Shetland Pony's head..