Diamanti rejects rumours

  • by Staff Writer
  • Saturday, 21st November 2009

Alessandro Diamanti has brushed off speculation concerning his future following reports that he is unhappy in England.

A report on SkySports earlier this week under the heading 'Diamanti Struggling to Adjust' carried quotes from Livorno president Aldo Spinelli claiming that the advanced midfielder had told him he was struggling to adapt to life in London.

"Diamanti rang me admitting that it is hard to get into the style of English football," Spinelli is reported to have told Italian channel Radio Kiss Kiss. "For him, everything has happened so quick".

However Diamanti - who has been ruled out of this afternoon's trip to Hull with a minor muscular injury - has dismissed the rumours, telling colleagues that he couldn't be happier at West Ham, whilst adding that he hasn't spoken to Spinelli in some considerable time.

In other news, Luis Boa Morte - out of action since sustaining cruciate ligament damage during the pre-season friendly with Tottenham - has returned to Portugal to continue his rehabilitation.

The 31-year-old winger, whose three-and-a-half year contract expires next summer, is not expected to return to action until March/April of 2010 at the earliest.

* Something to say about this story? Please visit the KUMB Forum to leave a comment.

Related News