Quashie's parting shot

  • by Staff Writer
  • Thursday, 26th November 2009

Nigel Quashie has accused West Ham of treating him unfairly.

The midfielder joined MK Dons on loan earlier this week but still couldn't resist taking a swipe at the club that has paid him in excess of ?1million in wages for each of the last three seasons - during which he has made a total of eight appearances.

"I want to enjoy my football somewhere where I feel wanted by the boss - and by someone who knows how to handle players and get the best out of people," he told the Milton Keynes Citizen.

"The situation at West Ham is that I came back in the summer, got fit, played in their pre-season matches but then ended up with the kids every day. But I was playing quite well in the reserves and the reserve team manager was happy with me.

"Gianluca Nani, the director of football, was also happy with me and the DVDs were passed along to the first team. They could see I was playing well, yet I was told to remain back at home and pick up my wages.

"It hurts because I am telling the utmost truth and I've done nothing wrong. I was treated very unfairly."

Quashie, who has joined the Dons on loan for the next six weeks admitted that the step down in class would be new ground for him, whilst adding that his main aim is getting some much-missed match practise under his belt.

"My general plan is to get fit and start enjoying playing once again because I don't enjoy just sitting at home," he added. "I just need to try and get a few games under my belt and I want to be as professional as I can.

"I want to be respectable to the other players at the football club. I haven't played at this level of football before but it is something I have to accept at this moment."

* Something to say about this story? Please visit the KUMB Forum to leave a comment.

Related News